Saturday, September 8, 2007

Amedex Insurance would cover my seizures

So the most difficult part about being here has definitely been my practicum. There has been a lot of reading Spanish text books about Insurance and feeling lonely while at said practicum's office. Thankfully, my boss gave me a couple policies to read in English this weekend. I love English.

Although, while reading the policy (I need to get familiar with a lot of the policies this particular broker deals with) I realized I will most likely never work in insurance. Maybe I'm being fickle but it seems pretty boring through and through. I do like the broker part of it. (For those of you unaware (like me a week ago), a broker is the middle man between insurance companies and people wanting insurance. The broker picks best plan for person looking for insurance.) There is a lot of human interaction and it is not monotonous. Unfortunately, this part is difficult for me here because I speak 8 words in Spanish (which cuts down on the number of real sentences I can utter).

Basically, I finished reading a policy, was on the verge of breakdown (due to boredom) and decided to blog it instead of relapsing into a series of seizures which 13 page policies sometimes cause (similar to the effect of those strobe like anime cartoons).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, Josiah. I love you. Keep it up and just imagine me having as much trouble with French as you are Spanish... because that's true.