8 reasons why you should see The Social Network:
1. You're reading a blog that was linked to through a social network and you more than likely clicked on that link that was on a social network which led you to this blog.
2. Justin Timberlake.
3. It has 97% on both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. For a movie that's not a documentary, foreign, or Pixar, that's saying something. But hey, maybe it'll be popular with critics today and then rejected 5 years from now... kind of like how Facebook was talked about 5 years ago and is now rejec....
4. I was thoroughly captivated for 120 minutes by a movie about a website and a few court cases.
5. Quick, smart dialogue.
6. Everyone is/will be talking about it. You might as well join the conversation with some sort of knowledge base.
7. Although Jesse Eisenberg is labeled "the rich man's Michael Cera" by Michael Goodrich (meaning he repeatedly plays the same character), he does an excellent job typifying many of our (assuming you're under 30) generation's negative characteristics.
8. Great story telling simultaneously including complex characters, recent history, and our current digital era without ever getting preachy.
and probably a few other reasons yet in my current state (1am and having a head cold), I'm not thinking of them.