Monday, August 31, 2009

My Seasonal Narcissism

Every couple months I like to post what movies I'm watching and what books I'm reading. Although horribly narcissistic in some respects, I actually do believe that the various forms of media we intake have the power to change us and, if we allow it, for the better. So I share that I may be better known, as well as to offer my recommendations, indicated by the title being in bold. Check 'em out...

books:
harry potter and the half-blood prince .. j.k. rowling // the scarlet letter .. nathaniel hawthorne // flickering pixels .. shane hipps // harry potter and the deathly hallows .. j.k. rowling // what is the what .. dave eggers // when you are engulfed in flames .. david sedaris [audiobook!] // the sacredness of questioning everything .. david dark

movies:
up // defiance // yes man // away we go // the black balloon // brothers // son of rambow // the visitor // bad news bears // the fugitive // paranoid park // harry potter and the half-blood prince // the hunting party // bella // nick & norah's infinite playlist // public enemies // my left foot // elizabeth // far from heaven // shine // east of eden // in the shadow of the moon // ghost world // my kid could paint that // the flight of the red balloon // tristram shandy: a cock and & bull story // raising arizona // mongol // funny people // the deer hunter // sleepless in seattle // awakenings // LOST: Season 1 // rebel without a cause // julie & julia // in the name of the father // LOST: Season 2 // (500) days of summer // rendition // inglorious basterds // the lives of others // spirited away // the year my parents went on vacation // district 9 // giant

No comments: