Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Abso-fruit-ly!

Truth.
It's absolute.
Commentary:

"There is no such thing as nonfiction. There is no such thing as truth. People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. It's the same with your own stories, the ones that circulate around with your family and your friends. We're all part of the same hypocrisy" _Tom Waits
"Of absolute truth, none of us are knowers. And we often aren't especially good with the truth we do know" _David Dark
"12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" _I Corinthians 13:12
"I've got a stranglehold on this decision
All those opposed can rot in hell
Any day now the words will form a sentence
You'll be reduced to nothingness"
_Artist:Menomena Song:Rotten Hell
"33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one" _Matthew 5:33-37
"1. truthiness (noun)
1: "truth that comes from the gut, not books" (Stephen Colbert)
2: "the quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts or facts known to be true (American Dialect Society)"
Thought of the day: God is true and is absolute and I see dimly. I'll let my yes be yes and no, no and try my best to avoid any sort of truthiness. Not knowing may be the first step to knowing.

No comments: